43 lawyers, tax advisors, auditors & other professionals from over 15 European countries gathered in Luxembourg at November 28th to found the thinkBLOCKtank – a non-profit organization of experts and professionals in the blockchain industry.
The main goals of the thinkBLOCKtank are to:
- create proposals and position papers in order to foster a regulated framework and level playing field for all market participants in Europe
- inform, advise and support various institutions – especially governmental and regulatory actors at a European and International level
- promote and contribute the professionalism, integrity and industry ethical conduct
- empower best practices and industry standards to deter any illegitimate and unethical practices
All of these efforts aim to support the creation of one single regulated European market that is competitive to other jurisdictions without lacking a very high standard of security and trust. The thinkBLOCKtank will be releasing a European Token Regulation Paper soon, which will contribute to the discussions with public authorities; especially European Commission and ESMA.
The organization will furthermore start working in its nine working groups
- Prospectus Annexes Working Group
- Sandbox Working Group
- Tokenisation of Rights Working Group
- Market Integrity Working Group
- Decentralised Financial Services Working Group
- Accounting&Taxes Working Group
- Fraud Detection&Prevention Working Group
- Template Working Group
- Consumer Protection Working Group
Elected members of the Board are Monique Bachner, Andrea Bianconi, Gina Conheady, Jacek Czarnecki, Dr. Sven Hildebrandt, Anne-Marie Nicolas and Dr. Nina-Luisa Siedler. A list of all members will be available on the website that will be available shortly.
Follow us on
About the thinkBLOCKtank – One world, one future.
The Luxembourg-based NPO aims to establish one single regulated European market in regards to blockchain related issues that is competitive to other jurisdictions without lacking a very high standard of security and trust. Over 40 lawyers, tax advisors, auditors & other professionals from over 15 European countries are working together to shape the future for the better.